Active Change 4 Life Clubs
We are a National Change 4 Life Partner
Change4Life Sports Clubs are a new type of extracurricular sports club, designed to increase physical activity levels in less active children in Primary and Secondary schools by:
- Using multi-sport themes (primary) or alternative school sports (secondary)
- Using the inspiration of the Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Responding to what children want
- Establishing a habit of regular participation
- Developing a real sense of belonging
- Changing behavior’s relating to key health outcomes (including healthy eating, physical activity and emotional health).
How do Sports Clubs relate to other school sport initiatives?
The clubs can give children the skills and confidence to take part in School Games opportunities at Level 1 (intra school) and Level 2 (inter school), and beyond Change4Life Sports Clubs are having a significant positive effect on the physical activity levels of the young people involved and their attitudes towards being active and healthy.
This is contributing to their wellbeing and other aspects of their school and personal life.
What sports are involved?
- Combat: boxing, fencing
- Creative: cheerleading, gymnastics
- Flight: cricket, handball, rounders, softball, ultimate frisbee, volleyball
- Target: archery, boccia, goalball, golf, fencing